The close ties we share with nature are never more present than when we are greeted with the crisp cool mornings of fall, and the changes Mother Nature provides in the color schemes of nature. You will notice an almost immediate desire to bring out the pumpkins and the other decorations used to celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving. Its an impulse too strong to deny! So we wave the kids off to school and begin our plans for transforming the summer home into the Holiday entertainment center it will become. What are your plans this year for the themes used to announce fall has fallen, and parties are on the way...the traditional appearance of touches of the harvest season or more elaborate declarations? No matter how you choose to decorate for the season, there are a few places that can showcase your taste and appreciation for the colors in nature at their best.
Most people keep back a fall collection of decor that they place around their home in order to create a fall look and feel in their room. It can be Halloween decorations or Thanksgiving decor that usually consists of pumpkins, brown, yellow, orange, and red leaves, as well as cornucopia of fruits. Before you begin digging out the decor from last year, consider these possibilities.
One of the best ways to attract attention in a room is to have a beautiful centerpiece that can be placed on a table in the room. For the living room, it can be the coffee table. For the dining room, your centerpiece can go on the table or on the buffet. In the bedroom, you can place the decor centerpiece on top of a dresser or on the nightstand.
You can make your centerpiece yourself using the decorations you already have but arranging them so they build up a particular area. You want to use all the colors of fall that you can in order to create this look. Sit a pumpkin down in the middle of the decor and pile different color leaves around it. Use orange tea light candles in the home
Fall into the Living Room
A wreath was once hard to get a hold of and when you did, they were expensive but today, you can make your own wreath using different material and make it for a fraction of the price. You can start gathering fall items around the stores or in your own back yard. Twigs, acorns, and different colored leaves are just a few of the many different items you can use in your wreath. You can make it out of straw and wrap a ribbon around it or you can use artificial flowers, like mums. These are absolutely beautiful during the fall season. They come in an array of colors ad look great in barrels, baskets, or wreaths.
In the dining room, a large area rug with a fall motif can be the framework for your fall table settings. Using earth toned table linens you can create the perfect setting for the traditional overflowing cornucopia and the bounty your family has to be thankful for.
The flokati rugs are beautiful ad ca match with almost any decor. You ca also buy colored flokati rugs that can blend I with your decor. These rugs are also made from different material as well.
Christmas is definitely for kids and every Christmas party would be more fun with exciting games for kids and also for kids at heart. If you want to keep your guests entertained and happy on your party then you can come up with these games:
1. Name that Christmas Carol - this is a classic game but everyone will still find joy in playing this game. You can divide your guests into three or four groups and of course you will facilitate the game. You will play a tune and the first team to guess that tune will get the point. You can make this game more exciting by fast forwarding the song so it is harder to guess. Another way to play this game is by allowing each member to give or sing a Christmas Carol and let others guess it. The team with highest points at the end of the game will be the winner but of course. You should try to come up with exciting prizes to make the game exciting for everyone.
2. 12 days of Christmas - this is more of performance level kind of game. Come up with three or four teams with 12 members each and then instruct them to perform the 12 days of Christmas as creative as possible. You will see this is going to be so much fun and everyone will surely laugh out loud at one another. But of course at the end of the game the most creative and with most effort team will win the prize.
3. Christmas Trivias - a party will not be complete without trivia games so since this is a Christmas party, make Christmas as the theme of your trivia game. This is perfect for kids and make sure to give away lots of chocolates and candies so they will be more excited.
4. Dress up Santa Claus - come up with two large Santa Claus and divide the guests into two teams. Each team will run towards Santa to put on his hat, dress, pants and others and the goal of the game is of course to complete the outfit of Santa Claus. You can play this outdoors so the guests can move and run freely.
5. Find Santa's reindeers - another great ice breaker for your guests is a game like Find Santa's hat. You should hide three Santa hats and around 10 different hats in the venue of your Christmas party then give away clues to your guests. First three people who find the right hat will get the prize. Kids will surely find this exciting and fun to play.
These games will surely make everyone happy and besides you can promote good and friendly mood in the party. Your guests may not know everyone in the party but by coming up with these games, they will get to know more one another and this could lead to new friendship. Christmas is giving so instead of just giving out party and foods for everyone why not give them great and happy times too? You will surely feel lot more genuine love and happiness once you've done this. So as early as now, you might as well prepare the games for your next Christmas party.
Father's Day is a great time of year to celebrate how wonderful dad has been for all of these years. Mom gets her day, so it is only fair that dad gets his. The only dilemma is what to get dad for Father's Day. Mom gets candies, flowers, and other gifts and dad is usually the recipient of his one hundredth baseball cap or necktie. It is only fair to break the Father's Day gift monotony by doing something a little different that makes him feel as special as mom does on her special day.
To make dad feel special, try giving him the gift of nature, which is flowers. Some may feel that flowers are too feminine, but men love flowers too. The reason is because they have a pleasant fragrance, they look nice, and the emotions that are derived from receiving flowers are all positive. Even after they have been received, looking at them and knowing where they came from can make dad's day an even brighter one.
What kind to get
Men do have a softer side to them whether they admit it or not. There are plenty of men who enjoy gardening or buying fresh flowers for their homes. Simply hanging out at the local greenhouse will reveal this and these men are not shopping for their wives. They are men who know exactly what they want and exactly how they want their flower garden to look. When receiving flowers for Father's Day, A smile will surely come over his face when he receives this expression of love. If in doubt as to which flower is the best flower to express that love, there are certain flowers that men tend to like. Some do enjoy roses because of what they represent, but there are other flowers that he may really enjoy.
Flowers that would be ideal for Father's Day are:
- If dad likes roses, then white and red roses may be ideal. These are flowers that have a great deal of architecture to them and they are also the official flowers of Father's Day. However, it is typical that a white rose is worn on the lapel for a father who has passed away and a red rose for a father who is still living.
- To be a little different and stray away from the traditional flower, try something bold or something tropical. Anything with bold colors or a tropical flower really appeals to men. These are flowers that show strength and uniqueness. Dads are strong and these types of flowers last a long time, which makes them a great gift for dad.
- In terms of colors, anything that is red, orange, yellow, or purple with a linear design is really going to appeal to a man. There is something intelligent about a linear arrangement that men love.
- Contemporary arrangements are quite trendy and men enjoy those as well. One may opt for a mixture of flowers within a certain color theme. An individual may choose to buy dad a bouquet of red roses and yellow daisies.
A great gift idea
Flowers certainly make a great Father's Day gift. They can also be presented to him along with candies, balloons, and so much more. If it is tradition to give Dad that one hundredth baseball cap, give it to him with flowers. There are so many possibilities, especially in how flowers and gifts can be packaged together that it is hard to go wrong. Most importantly, dad will feel the appreciation and will always remember his bold and beautiful Father's Day gift.